December 7, 2015

Walk to Bethlehem

Walk to Bethlehem is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. 
It is a tradition my parents started when we were kids.  
Now that we are all adults several of us have tried to start the traditions in the neighborhoods.


It is a lot of work, 
but when it is done, 
I am always SO grateful I didn't give up on the tradition.

My good friend Jeni Gardner helps me each year 
with invitations and allowing me to think out loud.  
She also lets us do it all in front of her beautiful home.
 Some of my neighbors have just adopted the annual assignments of:
the Stable (Jeff and Val Tebbs), 
Hot Chocolate (Kim Casey), 
Fire Pits (Glade Howell), 
Narrator (Chip Ormond),
and Sound Equipment (Mike Morgan) each year.  
I couldn't do it without their help.

Hayden helping me set up and light luminaries

This year I decided to try something new... Instead of making it a sing-a-long, I asked few talented kids to do musical numbers. It's hard to change a sentimental tradition, especially things that involve my mom, but I thought I would give it a try.  I am pretty sure my mom would approve of this change.  I loved it and the kids sang and played beautifully!  The only bummer was RAIN and the stupid MAILMAN that came around the circle TWICE! :(

Kenz having a last minute practice in the house before showtime.

“Walk to Bethlehem”, A family night program of music and scripture celebrating the birth of our Savior.  All families are invited to walk to this activity.  Dress your children like angels, shepherds, or wise men to participate in a live manger scene. Enjoy Christmas carols and the Christmas story as told by Luke. Refreshments will be served.  
Please come and bring your neighbors.  


Are these two the most precious things you've ever seen?
Luke and Jane Fisher played Mary and Joseph.
They sat quietly the entire night. Jane occasionally picked up the baby Jesus and rocked him.  It was a very sweet moment.  I received the kindest message from Luke and Jane's mom after the program and it made my night.  I am so grateful for sweet parents.

The First Noel
Kenz Hall & Earl Dorius


O Little Town of Bethlehem
Zach Gardner



Away in a Manger
Hadlee Selman and Matti Zundel


Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Katie Jane Reading and Emma Cutler


O Come Let Us Adore Him
sing-a-long with Kenz Hall

We Three Kings
Jensen, Ashton, and Aidan Rideout



Silent Night Sing-a-long
Kenz Hall and Earl Dorius

No comments: